Friday, May 06, 2011

Not So Lazy Days

The sun has finally decided to grace us with her presence. The days have gotten longer but not very lazy. If any of you all live in places where there are lazy spring or summer days, could you please let me know. I don't think I've ever lived in this place.

When the sun finally comes around, we begin to get rather busy around here.

There are trees to learn to repel down.


There is bread to make and bake and eat.


And laundry to wash and hang and fold.


There is schoolwork to do and planners to fill out.


And excessively long grass to mow...


It is exhausting!
I'll save you the picture where Jules flips me off for taking pictures of him during his nap.


Luckily, Guadalupe is there to supervise and make sure everything turns out correctly.


I wouldn't trade it for much of anything though. I love the evenings of waning light and the mornings of birds singing and the glow outside the windows. The Barracuda is tired every night and can actively play outside over 3 hours a day. Things might get busier, but when we do them as a family it feels pretty darn great.

3 thoughts:

Mr. H. said...

Sounds really nice, it's always good when parents and children can actually be together as a tight knit family...kind of rare in this day and age. Send some of that sunshine my way will you.:)

Alice said...

I could have written your last paragraph (well, ok, maybe not as eloquently). I so agree with this and hopefully will continue to live it to the fullest. Happy sunshine!

Mel said...

I so envy your sunshine and (not so) lazy days. Rain, rain, rain and gray skies here. Enjoy!

Post a Comment